Our Half Day Trip on the Salt River is a great adventure for those on the go who don’t have time to experience the Classic Salt River Trip. Make your way down 5 miles of scenic river with several fun Class II-III rapids including the infamous Overboard Rapid! Everything is included in this trip, just show up at the meeting location and we will take care of the rest. We highly recommend the Classic Salt River Raft Trip which is 10 miles and features longer and more splashy rapids on the second half of the trip after a riverside grilled lunch buffet. Twice the fun for just $44 more!
Price and Inclusions
- $95 Adults & $85 for Youth (Ages 8-12, must weigh at least 50 lbs)
- PFD (life jacket), Wetsuit, Splash Jacket, Helmet, Neoprene River Shoes
- Transportation back to your vehicle after the trip
- The best river guides on the planet!
- Prices do not include $25 per person Apache Day Use Fee and 6% River & Land Use and Access Fee
Full Day Trip Comparison
|Half Day Trip||Salt River Classic Trip|
|Time On the Water||~ 1.5 hours||~ 3 hours|
|River Miles||~ 5 miles||~ 10 miles|
|Rapids||same as 1st half of Full Day||Experience bigger and longer rapids|
|Food Included||None||Hot riverside lunch|
|Good for kids||Yes!||Yes!|
|Cost Difference||–||Only $44 more!|
When & Where to Meet
Meeting time will be in your confirmation email (9am or 10am) at our office in the Salt River Canyon. Mile Marker 293 on Highway 60/77 between Globe and Show Low at the bottom of the Salt River Canyon
Directions & Maps: Online : Download & Print
10:00 AM: Meet at our office (Double check the meeting time on your confirmation email)
10:30 AM: Embark for an awesome day on the Salt River!
12:30 PM: Take off the river and shuttle back to your vehicle
1:30 PM: Back at our office: change clothes, look at pictures of your trip and say your goodbyes!
*Times are very much approximated. Meet Time is not an approximation!
What to bring and wear RAFTING
- Water bottle
- Waterproof camera
- Swimsuit and/or synthetic thermal layers for underneath the wet suit
- Synthetic socks for underneath river shoes or your own shoes/sandals that have a heal
strap (no flip-flops)
- Any prescribed medications for serious allergies or conditions such as Albuterol Inhaler,
Epi-Pen, Nitroglycerine tablets/spray, etc.
- A tip for your guide if you enjoy the ride!
- There is no cell service in or near the canyon so please bring along Directions & Maps
What to NOT bring and wear RAFTING
× Cotton & Denim Clothing: does not insulate once wet and has no place on the river
× Electronic devices that are not waterproof and you do not mind losing in the river
× Jewelry or other valuables
× Alcohol and rafting do not mix and is not allowed
× Guns and fireworks are not allowed in the Salt River Canyon
You can lockup any of the above items in your car at our office
our family had a great time. the guides were fun and safe and energetic. great weather, we should have done all day but since it was our first time we only went for half day. ~Mary K